Welcome backstage! 👋

Salam, Yazin here – in case we haven’t met, I’m the founder (and sole employee) of Amal Invest.

Before going any further, I’d like you to know that this is a private group.

You’re one of less than 10 people with behind-the-scenes access to what’s going on at Amal Invest. (As a quick reminder, Amal is an investing app for Muslims. It helps you invest in Shariah compliant versions of popular funds, by filtering out bad stocks.)

I originally started Amal as a venture-backed company (and we even went through YC). But after many attempts at getting it off the ground, it’s become clear it’s not going to achieve the sort of returns VCs are looking for – at least, not anytime soon.

The usual playbook in this situation is to just kill the product and move on to other ideas, but …

I can’t do that.

I just can’t.

That’s partly because I still use it every day, and many of my family members and friends are using it too (even some people using that I don’t know personally.)

But it’s more than just that.

I feel like Amal must exist.

The problem it addresses is real; it’s still incredibly difficult for Muslims to invest in halal, well-diversified portfolios.

And while I acknowledge that there are still many open questions (particularly around the ability of getting to scale), I feel compelled to keep Amal Invest alive – at least long enough until I can somehow figure these out.

And that’s where you come in…

WHY THIS COMMUNITY

I’d like to show you what I’m working on - the things I’m building - and get your feedback.

I don’t want to build Amal v2 in a vacuum.

By better understanding the challenges you have with investing, the hope is that inshallah we’ll be able to arrive at a solution that benefits more than just this small group.

WHAT’S NEXT?

:point_right: I need your feedback on the [Feedback Needed] Upcoming Release page. The next release is still a work in progress, and the earlier I can get your input, the better!

Thanks once again for joining me on this journey; I hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Yazin

Assalamu-Alaikum,

I am glad you decided to keep Amal going. I have been in search of a halal way of investing for a long time and I was very happy to come across Amal, Alhamdulillah.

I look forward to the new features and I’ll give input where I can.

Kind regards,

Atif

1 Like

Thanks for the email. Glad to be part of the process

1 Like

Salam Atif, appreciate you joining – and your support!

Glad to have you Omer!

InshaAllah this app will be one of the bests , keep it up :herb:

1 Like

Thank you very much, Rami :raised_hands:

1 Like

Glad to hear that Amal will still be alive.

I was amazed by the work of the first version of Amal, and I hope that it shines someday to all Muslims.

You’re doing a great job Mashallah, keep it up :+1:t3:
And I’m happy to be part of this community

1 Like