New Release: Progress Tracker (✅ Done)

Completed 24 July, 2023. (Still finalizing the email format for notifications of automated trades, but the bulk of the work is done.)

1 Like

Completed July 27, 2023

1 Like

Held up past several days trying to get the build working and deploying the app. It’s been a real test of my patience, and I’m still working through the last bits. Hoping to have that resolved before the end of this week. Will then work on some UI polish and plan to release by next week inshallah

Thank you for all of your hard work! Looking forward to the release!

1 Like

Thanks alot Atif, appreciate your unrelenting encouragement :pray:

Looking forward to it inshAllah!

1 Like

Quick update:

• Added support for calculating Realized / Unrealized Profit & Loss (This uses the average cost basis method). I added this after noticing that there were a bunch of closed positions with 0% weights that still showed Profit/Loss. This was super confusing, so adding the extra column to show the breakdown makes much more sense to me.

• Resolved all outstanding issues with server deployment issues (hats off to @khajimatov on Twitter for helping me out with this)

Currently working on the migration of existing portfolios to a single “Migrated positions” portfolio, which I hope to have wrapped up by today inshallah.

1 Like

Completed migration of all prior funds over to the “Migrated Fund” for each user. Will re-run this right after we switch off the old platform and move the early testers (you guys!) over to the new platform. Shooting for end of this week, possibly early next week.

3 Likes

Completed 18 Aug, 2023.

Also, today I finally tested this in production with live orders! Going smoothly so far alhamdilla, and planning on doing more testing over the weekend.

If all goes smoothly, we’ll started sending invites out next week inshallah!

Main open task is just UI polish, as it currently looks like something put together by a sunshine-deprived developer :wink:

4 Likes

Great news, good job mashaallah

Can’t wait to start using it :fire:

1 Like

InshAllah, looking forward to it :star_struck:

1 Like

Really looking forward to it! Thank you for all your hard work!

I am hoping ‘Setup worker for recurring investments’ feature (I think that’s same as reinvest on sell-off?) is also included in the release.

1 Like

@everyone: We’re finally ready to start inviting you to use the new platform!

I’d like to personally onboard you just to make sure that any issues that come up are addressed quickly. Please book 15 mins on my calendar here so I can get you set up:

:point_right: Book an onboarding slot to get access to new platform :point_left:

No actually, this refers to the “recurring investment” feature. Reinvest on sell-off will be released very soon though (shooting for early next week inshallah) :+1:

Good to hear. Thank you!

1 Like

Big thanks to @atif and @Hussain for being the first to get onboarded earlier today (and for the feedback)! :raised_hands:

Looking forward to bringing the rest of you guys on soon

2 Likes

Do we need to have the onboarding before getting the new release? Available time are a bit not PST friendly.

Should we share the bugs/technical issues that we came across in here or you prefer another way?

Added a topic here just for that: Feedback: Amal Invest 🆕

Thanks!

Sorry for missing this, @okido! I’ve opened up some evening slots for you. Please let me know if any of these are suitable. If not, we can fallback to doing this async but really prefer getting feedback live if possible so I can address any issues that come up. Thanks!